Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Let's all Hike to Jesus!


This week there has not been a lot to update on. Classes are going well and I just took my first test today. It went well, I think except for one question I did not understand. The only exciting thing so far has been our hike to Jesus. There is a huge statue of Christ on top of one of the mountains that surrounds the city of Oviedo. A group from the University of Boston Mass was going to go up so we decided to join them. It was 6 hours, but well worth it. We stopped on our way to see two 1000+ year old churches which were really cool too! Other than that I am learning a lot. It was good to talk to my family the last few days since they have been snowed in! We are now planning a few trips close to Oviedo and are getting excited for Carnaval...Spain's Mardis Gras type celebration! It should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Joelle it looks like you are getting quite a travel experience. One day you will have pictures and this blog to show your grandchildren! We await more exciting adventures! Love you...Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete